duminică, 15 noiembrie 2009

A Day Out to Remember

One summer afternoon a friend called to invite me to a bike marathon near the barrage Tarnita. I accepted and I invited my friend to sleep at my place .He was fond of the idea so he came after half an hour and we talked about the marathon.
We woke up at 6 a.m. and started packing.My friend made some sandwiches for the road and we set off somewhere around 7:30 a.m. .It was an early cold morning.There was no one on the road and the wood on the roadside was as silent as a grave.We admired the lovely country lanes and the wide open fields.The weather was nice and the clouds seemed to be waving at us.
After 1 hour we were at the middle of the road and we were starving.We stoped on the side of the road near a field .We saw some cows on the field but we didn’t care.I set up the picnic and we started eating.I just had a few bites when I heard a strange noise.Then I felt the earth shaking under me.I raised to my feet and I saw a huge bull running at us .We left the picnic there and ran as fast as we could to the car .We got in and my friend started the car .The bull stoped near the picnic because he felt the smell of food. We thought we would finish eating the sandwiches but we lost our chance when we ran to the car.The bull seemed really excited about finding food and he ate all our sandwiches .We were watching from about 50 m distance very dissapointed.
Hours later we got home tired and really hungry but we felt happy and sattisfied because me and my friend were on the podium at the marathon.I’ll never forget that day when I was chased by a bull.

4 comentarii:

  1. I like your story. It's interesting and it doesn't let you fall asleep.

    It's funny the way the things change. Summer, nice weather, nature, a good friend and, suddenly, you notice a huge bull running at you. I wonder what's the feeling of being chased by a bull.
    But these are memories you have for a lifetime, even that when you live those moments you are scared and nervous. It's really "a day to remember".

    Nice post, Catalin!

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. It's a funny story. I like it, too. But I don't want to know how it feels being chased by a bull.
    And I like the action, too.
    And I agree with Valentina. These are good and funny memories that you have for a lifetime.
    Everyone can remember such an experience in the nature, especially when an animal takes part.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  3. Great Stefana! And all the other students who posted their comments did well and will get their reward!

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  4. It a very funny story...also,it helped me doing my homework and starting how to do a short story.Tanks ;-)

    RăspundețiȘtergere